Tyranny of Dragons: The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tyranny of Dragons: The Forum

A Play-by-Forum game of the Tyranny of Dragons D&D adventure campaign, beginning with Hoard of the Dragon Queen and concluding in Rise of Tiamat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Episode One

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

Episode One - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 7:35 pm

OOC: I left the colors up for interpretation, but in my mind, it wasn't really patterned so much as his clothing and armor are more just solid colors and trim. I just thought that background fit. If you'd like, I could post more of a description of my character, but I thought I'd leave it more to imagination.
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:56 am

The common room is much the same scene as the bedrooms: not a soul in sight, tables abandoned with breakfasts unfinished, and, most notably, no sign of Barliman. Behind the bar, the safe on the wall is wide open and completely bare.

Faintly, Gwen thinks she hears a thumping sound in the direction of the bar.
Back to top Go down
https://horsewhale.rpg-board.net
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:42 pm

Gwen stalks toward the bar (Stealth 15r + 6 = 21), peeking around the bar and listening carefully to figure out where and what the thumping noise is.
Back to top Go down
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:48 am

Noting her careful movements, Alibastar watches as Gwen moves toward the bar from a distance, keeping his distance to not give her away.
(OOC: not sure if stealth is required to watch, but if so, I rolled a 11=8r+3)
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:00 am

Alibastar, Torfinn, Nocturne, and Sam stand in the archway separating the west wing from the common room as Gwen silently stalks toward the bar. A floorboard creaks under Alibastar's foot. Behind the bar, the thumping sound grows louder, though it is still quite faint. On the floor is what appears to be the door to the cellar. A large iron lock is fixed to the door. The sound is, for a certainty, coming from whatever lies beyond the door.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:14 am

"Don't open it, it could be that mage that teleported way all the citizens."
"...or, it could be the patrons. Fifty-fifty."
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:06 am

"Sam, move me closer. I wanna see the the mage!"
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:39 am

Torfinn stares at the door for a moment. "I say we let whatever is down there out and if it's not friendly, kill it". Torfinn approaches the door, "Shall we crack this problem wide open?" Torfinn says with a chuckle as he warms up his arm, mace in hand.
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Gwen draws her dagger, (Stealth 19 = 13r + 6) creeping behind the trap door so that she will be behind it while it opens, then she nods to Tofinn.
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 12:33 am

(Attack: roll 12 + 7 = 19. Damage: roll 6 + 5 = 11) Torfinn widens his stance and let's the mace slide down his grip till he grabs the hilt by the lowest point. He then raises the mace high above his head keeping his eyes locked on the head of his trusty weapon. With a sharp look, Torfinn turns his gaze towards the door and with a ferocious cry, brings it crashing down upon it!
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:27 am

The wooden door shatters under the impact of Torfinn's weapon with a loud crack, the sound seemingly amplified by the palpable silence that filled the room previously. Though loud enough to wake the entire inn, the crash of the door brings about no sounds or people from the yet-unchecked eastern wing, suggesting that it, too, has been abandoned. As the noise and dust settle, there appears a dark, cool stairwell, illuminated only faintly by the dawn's light filling the common room. On the wall of the shaft is a torch fixed inside its sconce. The thumping noise has ceased, and is replaced moments later by muffled yells, as if someone is trying to speak through a gag.
Back to top Go down
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Alibastar approaches the wreckage. Muttering to himself, he draws out a pinch of powder and it ignites, four small orbs hovering in the air as the rest of the sparks settle. "Well what have we here?" he asks aloud, peering into the hole by the light provided by the dancing orbs.
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:56 pm

The stairs go down about 20 feet and open into a large cellar. From his point of view at the top of the stairs, Alibastar can see that there are 6 large vats, 3 on either side of the room, which create a narrow walkway down the center of the room. The room extends further back, but it is difficult to see without going down the stairs. A second glance reveals a leg extending from behind the first vat on the left hand side. As the light from the orbs fills the space, the muffled yells become more intense and the legs starts kicking.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:35 am

"Let me help you friend " I use Thaumaturgy, a Teifling can trip that can brightens light to double brightness.
When the light brightens, the leg is brought to view and she screams, "CORELLION! The mage cut that guys leg off!"
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:06 am

" calm now, It's not detached it's moving." Torfinn says to the cripple. "I'm going down there to get them, anyone else stay behind me in case there is something else down their. Alibastar, il need some light." Torfinn readies his sheild and approaches the stairs, "hold fast friend I'm coming to get you" Torfinn shouts down the hole as he slowly descends the stairs so he can see into the room
Back to top Go down
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:50 am

"Thank you, friend. I've got you covered, Torfinn," Alibastar responds, following the dwarf down. He manipulates the orbs, keeping them in continuous motion, using them to light the room as efficiently as possible. "Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Gwen moves around the new hole in the floor and hops up onto the bar, watching the staircase, windows, and doorways for any movement. She draws her bow and notches an arrow.
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Torfinn and Alibastar [Nocturne/Sam?] descend the staircase, which creaks and groans under their weight. The light from Alibastar's orbs cast long shadows across the cellar which twist and dance as the orbs rotate. As the rest of the cellar comes into view, it is clear that this is about as remarkable as any other inn's cellar: the walls are lined with shelves that are somewhat organized by the types of items they hold; platters, mugs, and silverware here, linens, pillows, and other bedding there. At the back of the room there are spare tables and chairs (some broken), barrels of ales and wines, and a pulley system that goes through a hole in the ceiling that likely helps Barliman get the barrels from the cellar into the pantry upstairs. A thick layer of dust coats everything down here, in stark contrast to the rest of the inn which is kept rather immaculate.

As they pass the first large vat (labeled "Barliman's Best" and dated to indicate that the contents would be ready to drink two months from now) and look to their left, Torfinn and Alibastar discover that the leg belongs to the innkeeper himself, who frantically gestures at the gag in his mouth as soon as he catches sight of them. Barliman looks to be in rough shape, though not in any way severely injured; his face is bruised and his right eye is a deep, angry shade of purple, he has scuff marks and negligible cuts covering his body and his clothes are slightly torn in places. His hands are tied at the wrists, and a rope winds around his waist, tying him to one of the vat's supports. Some of the maids and other inn attendants are also tied up behind this vat and the one opposite, most of them in similar condition to Barliman and in various states of consciousness. On the floor next to Baliman, lying facedown, looks to be the soldier who accompanied Gwen when they first arrived. His wounds appear to be more severe than anyone else's, and large bloodstains cover his shirt, but it is not immediately apparent whether he is simply unconscious, or dead.
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 2:28 pm

"We got wounded down here!" Torfinn shouts up the hole "everyone down here and help the prisoners! Alibastar, attend to the barman." Torfinn goes to the wounded solider to check his condition.
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 2:32 pm

(Medicine on grant: roll 12 + 1 = 13)
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 2:38 pm

As Torfinn rolls Grant over, it is clear that, while he is still alive, the last vestiges of life are leaving him. The sudden motion brings him back into half consciousness. Torfinn can see that the blood comes from multiple stab wounds. Grant is pale, and has likely lost most of his blood, which has pooled underneath him.
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 2:46 pm

"MEDIC!" Torfinn shouts. He attempts to stabilize his wound, "don't you die on me, that's an order!" Torfinn barks out. (Medicine to stabilize: roll 17 + 1= 18)
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Hearing Torfinn shouting from downstairs, Gwen drops her weapons and sprints downstairs. She carefully and quickly makes her way around Tofinn to keep from jostling him while he attempts to keep Grant alive (Acrobatics in the tight quarters? 17 = 11r +6).

Slipping his head onto her lap and looking him in the eye she say "Stay with me, Grant. Come on. Tell me what happened." She lightly slaps his cheek a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Sam carries Nocturne downstairs without a second thought, resting her next to Grant.
Cure wounds (r6 + 4) heals 10.
Back to top Go down
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Alibastar kneels down to Barliman, freeing him of his bindings and gag. "Are you okay?" he asks, looking him over for any serious injuries as he unbinds him. (5+3=8 Medicine check)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode One
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next