Tyranny of Dragons: The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tyranny of Dragons: The Forum

A Play-by-Forum game of the Tyranny of Dragons D&D adventure campaign, beginning with Hoard of the Dragon Queen and concluding in Rise of Tiamat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Episode One

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

Episode One - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 7:19 am

This dire challenge weighed heavy on the entire group that was gathered. Alibastar did not feel it right to volunteer another for this, a sense of responsibility in his own heart. However, he felt a fear staring this beast down and was scared he would be asking for his own demise if he volunteered. He would never get to see his family or Talis again, but was his life worth saving all those around him? Would he even make it through the rest of the day if the raid continued? With a deep breath, he turned to Torfinn, then back to the dragon. Lost in an air of his newfound confidence, fueled by the anticipation and battle, he proclaims, "we accept your challenge!"

He turned again to Torfinn, his hand upon his own weapon. "Torfinn, It seems the best option here is to take the duel. Any time we have for planning is quickly drawing to a close, and I think it would prove to be much too risky, for us and those we're trying to save. I'm willing to step into this combat myself. What you bring to the table in strength, I believe I provide with speed and finesse. You or me, one of us will step in and fight the beast to save those four and take this bastard and his minions out." He turns and looks back towards the challenge ahead of them. "I'd be honored to step in and win this battle for The Stargazer."
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Torfinn walked toward the half dragon, meeting his gaze, he plants his feet and taps his shield with his mace three times.
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am

The half-dragon narrows his eyes and smiles. "Always the brave dwarf who thinks he can rise to the occasion. Pity, I would've enjoyed chewing on the bones of a half-elf for a change. Very well, then. Choose your four companions, and then I will release these three into your custody," he gestures towards the children. "I will allow you a moment to decide who watches you die."

Episode One - Page 13 Half-dragon
Back to top Go down
https://horsewhale.rpg-board.net
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 1:17 am

"I'll do it!" Gwen shoots her hand straight up and bounces a bit. A split second later she pales and corrects herself. "Uh, watch the fight, not watch Torfinn die. That would be bad and totally isn't going to happen..." She trails off as her voice shrinks with embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 11:21 pm

Nocturne finally puts back all of her thoughts from the previous fight back to what is right in front of her.
Nocturne yells, thinking aloud when she notices the half dragon. "A bipedal reptile!? Are you some new dinosaur species? Wait no, a dragon man thing...  Are you a separate species, or the result of a weird breeding event, like a liger or mule? Those things are sterile don't ya know!"
She then starts mumbling to herself while pulling out a notebook and starts scribbling.
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 12:23 am

Gwen, for the first time, is suddenly interested in something Nocturne said. She calmly and very much non-nonchalantly sidles over and tries to see the notebook.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 12:33 am

You can see enough to get an idea. The writing is messy, footnotes crawl around the corners, and things written just where ever they fit. Bits of it are written in common and in neat penmanship, but most looks very strange. The main parts of the pages that are open are realistic sketches of flora and fauna. Two dragons fill most of one page, one of which is a detailed anatomical sketch.
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 12:22 pm

"Pst, you forgot the cloaca."
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:04 am

"No, come here. See, right there. But what is interesting is that dragonborn don't have cloacal orifices. If you've ever seen one, a female dragonborn has breasts, and therefor mammary glands, so they are mammals. Neither do they have cloaca, but true separated excretory orifices and reproductive glands. Isn't that interesting!?"
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 3:16 pm

"If by interesting, you mean gross, then yes. And I would think the scales would hurt, wouldn't they? And does that mean the boys have scaled..." Gwen turns to look at the half-dragon, her face a mix of embarrassment and disgust. "I do not want to know." She looks back at Nocturne. "So they don't lay eggs?"
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 12:46 am

"They do lay eggs, they are monotremes. Similar to the way echidna and platypus lay eggs but are mammals. They represent a transitional stage from reptiles to mammals, but before the scales became fur or feather." At this point she starts talking fast and her voice trails off as she forgets she was talking to you in the first place. "Taxonomical classifications define the..." "Commonality of electrolocation amoung the species? Only if echidna lost the function of a breath weapon..."
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Gwen nods, following Nocturne up until she her voice trails off. Chin in hand, she turns to the lizard man as he regards Torfinn. "Hey Mr. Cyanwrath, after Tofy kills you can we dise--give you an autopsy? I think our friend here, Violetcuriosity, would like to know more about your anatomy."
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 1:47 pm

"The thought of any of you cretins defeating me is laughable, however I do appreciate your pluck. I'll tell you what: if you duel me yourself and win [snort], you may do as you like. Your dwarven friend seems prone to losing himself in thought anyways. If you or your half-elven friend accept my challenge we all may yet avoid dying of old age."
Back to top Go down
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:05 am

"Bear," Alibastar says, turning to him after Torfinn made his display. "Will you join us for the duel? If things get hairy, I'd like to have you at our side."
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:06 am

Bear nods grimly, "Aye, I can do that."
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:08 am

Torfinn turns to the crowd behind him "Any solder who wants to watch me hurt this beast step forward! I promis it will be worth your time"
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:16 am

Torfinn looks at the half dragon, "Alright lad, I hear some of your kind spit fire so how about we fight like soldiers, skill to skill only, no funny buisness. Deal?
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Cyanwrath narrows his eyes and bares his teeth in what looks to be an attempt at a smile, "I wouldn't have it any other way, dwarf."

The half-dragon turns to his minions and says something in a language the heroes don't understand. Three kobolds cut the bonds from the children and push them roughly towards Governor Nighthill and his guard. The fourth kobold grabs the mother by the ropes binding her wrists behind her back and drags her out of the stone circle.

Governor Nighthill hands the children off to the medics and gestures for the castle denizens to make their way back up the hill. The Governor gives a solemn nod to Torfinn, then looks to Escobert and whispers something in his ear. The Castellan and Nighthill clasp each other's forearm and give a single firm shake before the Governor spins on his heels and catches up with the rest of the group.

Torfinn and Cyanwrath stand alone in the stone circle [30ft diameter] facing each other from opposite ends. The half-dragon draws what would be a great-sword in the hands of a human and makes a few arcing motions with ease using only his right hand. He reaches behind his back and unholsters a spear with his left hand.

"Draw your weapon and speak your last, dwarf. We will begin when the castle doors have closed."
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:26 pm

"My last words will be spoken long after your gone, abomination. Any future generation of yours will remember the name Torfinn" *Torfinn stands sheild at the ready*
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Initiative Order:

Nocturne

Alibastar

Torfinn

Kobolds

Gwen

Langdedrosa Cyanwrath

The castle doors close with a pronounced THUD.

"Begin."
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 12:10 am

Torfinn races towards his opponent. Steps before reaching the half dragon he winds up his hammer, plants his feet at the perfect range and swings (Attack roll: 15+7=22) (Damage: 1+5=6)
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 am

Torfinn's hammer connects squarely in Cyanwrath's chest, driving the wind out of him and producing a sharp "oof" from the half-dragon's mouth. He staggers for just a second before regaining his composure, a bright gleam lighting his eyes.

"That's going to bruise," he says with a smirk.

Cyanwrath lunges forward with his left shoulder lowered and drives Torfinn back five feet. The half-dragon's spear thrusts outward and drives itself into the fleshy area under Torfinn's right ribs, leaving a deep, angry wound [damage 6]. He whirls around quickly [multiattack] and lands another blow with the edge of the spear in Torfinn's left side [damage 6].

The damned smirk seems to be stuck on his face.
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Torfinn feels his opponents weapon rip into him twice, causing him to stumble back. Things go quiet for him as his sides feel warm, if there was pain, his body was hiding it from him. He sees his opponent smiling at him and he felt his anger rising untill he though of the woman who's family he was saving. He felt peace in that as he began to smile himself, he wondered what would make this battle end easier when he swears he hears his father's voice in his mind shout "Torfinn!" His mind clears and he meets his opponents gaze and matches his grin. "GO!" The voice cries in his head and he dives for an attack. (Attack: 8+7=15) (damage: 5+5=10)
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:54 pm

"KILL THAT BLASTED LIZARD!" Escobert shouts, reinforcing Torfinn's determination and driving him onward. [Advantage; New roll 11+7=18]

Torfinn's mace crashes into Cyanwrath's left arm like a meteor, crushing the bones with a tremendous, sickening CRUNCH. The half-dragon roars in pain and drops his spear. Jets of smoke stream from his nostrils and lightning dances around his now-bared fangs. His fury is terrible to behold.

Torfinn's foe bears down on him, swinging the greatsword single-handedly. The blade slices through the air in a wide arc, but makes no contact. The half-dragon tightens his grip and returns with a backhanded swing [Multiattack], but the blade merely glances off of Torfinn's armor with a ringing CLANG.

Cyanwrath dances a few feet back and to Torfinn's left, watching intently for the dwarf's next move.
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 11:00 pm

"Hit it in the Cloaca, Torfinn! That's where you would normally kick a goblins in the hobs!" (INSPIRATION)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode One
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next